7 Top Tips for Pilates Day ...that you can do right now!
1. Stretch your spine out. Reach your arms above your head, and lift your ribs up away from your hips ... feels lovely. Try and do this every day.
2. Correct your posture. Stand with your shoulders and bottom against a wall, just touching it but not leaning. Now gently press the back of your head towards the wall.
3. Squeeze your pelvic floor by rocking your hips forwards, backwards, and side to side.
4. Walk tall! Look straight ahead not at the ground.
5. Support your back by placing a rolled up towel or lumbar support behind your lower back.
6. Reduce joint stiffness by circling your ankles, wrists, and shoulders.
7. Ease stress by breathing deeply into your lungs. Place your hands on your rib-cage, and inhale so that your hands move away from one another as your ribs expand.
Have a happy and relaxing Pilates Day!
Funny Caption Competition
Make us giggle with a funny caption for this image
to win a free Pilates Assessment worth £57!
Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday 12th May 2017, to be in with a chance to win a free Pilates Assessment worth £57 at Pilates Place. Good luck!